Actress Rachel Weisz graced the red carpet in Madrid recently for the premier of her new movie, “Agora,” and as always, she looked stunning. While her red mini dress was striking, we were most taken with her sultry eye makeup. After a little investigation, we learned that celebrity makeup artist Kay Montano used Julie Hewett Los Angeles (JHLA) Rue Burgundy Crème Shadow ($16) to create this scorching-hot look.
Snag Rachel’s sizzling style for yourself! Julie Hewitt herself gives us these step-by-step instructions to recreate the look using her own signature line of products.*
- Prep your lips with Organic Camellia Balm in Ruby for a healing, moisturizing tint.
- Apply a light layer of Lulu Bijou Lipstick on to your pout. Lulu gives that perfect punch of sheer cool red that isn’t too pink or too brown, and layered on top of Organic Camellia Ruby, your smile is sure to dazzle everyone!
- Lightly mist Pure Persian Rose Water over Crème to Powder foundation (Rachel looks like a “Lily”). Using the JHLA foundation brush, mix the Rose Water and foundation together until your desired consistency is achieved. Apply to your skin in a stroking/blending motion until you achieve an even complexion and comfortable coverage. Remember, if you apply too much foundation, you can easily go back and adjust the coverage by directly misting your skin with rose spray and buffing it out with the JHLA Kabuki Brush.
- As seen here, soft, matte skin is ideal for dramatic eyes and lips, so be sure to set your foundation with Ora Translucent Mineral Powder, which you can use with the JHLA Kabuki Brush.
- Rachel’s makeup artist used Hue Color Rue Burgundy to achieve this easy-on-the-eyes smoky, brown look. Use your fingertips to smudge all over your eyelid. Wear alone, or lightly layer an amethyst-colored powder shadow on top.
- A special makeup artist trick — draw in-between your upper lashes with Soot Eye Pencil to really smoke it out. This helps to avoid that pesky “white space” between your mascara and eyeliner. Build voluminous lashes by using several layers of Rose Scented Mascara, starting at the root of the lash and “wiggling” your way up to the tip.
- Just a hint of a petal pink flush will complement this intense look. Use Bud of Rose on just the apples of your cheeks.
*Products in other makeup lines were also used to create Rachel Weisz’s look at the Madrid premier of “Agora.”
Photos via Julie Hewitt.com