Today, love is in the air. Whether you have a big night planned or just want to pamper yourself with a night in alone, the BX team presents last-minute tips to help you set the stage for romance:
Share the Love with a “V-Card”
- For intimate, romantic wishes, send a Ralph Lauren Romance vMAIL, where you can upload your own photos for a slideshow (or select from iconic photography), set them to music and share away via email, Facebook, MySpace and more.
- If your valentine’s other sidekick is their Nalgene bottle, share the love with an e-card on Facebook.
- Single, or looking for something a little on the snarky side? Shoot a sassy note from www.someecards.com to frenemies, exes or pals with a sense of humor.
Look Like a Sweetheart (even if you aren’t one)
Robert Moulton, creative director of DEX New York and celebrity makeup artist to stars including Tina Fey, Jamie-Lynn Sigler, Amy Poehler and Elizabeth Banks, gives these easy steps to get a classic sweetheart look:
Eyes - Sweep a soft shimmer beige brown shadow on entire lid extending up to the crease. Next, use a soft chocolate brown eye pencil on top, and, wedging between lashes, make a thicker line on the outer corner. Then, blend the top line with a soft brush.
Cheeks - Use a blush in a red or pink color and apply softly with finger tips on the apples of cheeks.
Lips – Apply any color in the pink or red family in a tinted, sparkly, shiny gloss.
For your hair, Edmondo Blando, stylist and owner of Salon Vanity in Philadelphia, says to fall back in love with it by treating it right. “Just a touch of Moroccan Oil deeply conditions hair, not only leaving it silky and smooth but also by cutting down on drying time.”
- The BX team believes a little chocolate never hurt anyone. According to Dr. Mickey Bernstein, president of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, it can actually be good for your teeth. “While chocolate does contain sugar, researchers have concluded the cocoa bean in chocolate will inhibit tooth decay.”
- Sip some bubbly – regardless of the variety or vintage, sparkling wine is sure to create an elegant experience. For a supreme indulgence, select Piper-Heidsieck Rare 1988, a sophisticated champagne ornately packaged in a gold lace-wrap bottle, which is adorned with a keepsake ring engraved with the vintage year. With only 360 bottles in the U.S., Rare retails at $375.