Feather extensions are the newest hair accessory. They’ve already been spotted on celebrities such as Selena Gomez, Hilary Duff, and Ke$ha. But don’t worry — they’re not just for the rich and famous. Priced around $15.00, you can have them too.
Unlike dying your hair, feather extensions don’t cause any damage. They come in different lengths and colors, leaving you to decide if you want to add a pop of color to your hair or if you want a more subtle look. Available in colors such as purple, red, orange, pink, turquoise, black and brown, your options are seemingly endless.
In addition to being wallet-friendly, feather extensions are also user-friendly. You can get them put in at a salon for about $25.00 or you can easily put them in yourself as long as you have the right tools. You can even blow-dry, straighten, curl, and wash them as if they are actual strands of hair.
What You Need:
1. Feather Extensions
2. Needle Nose Pliers
3. Hair Extension Micro Links
4. Hair Hook
How To Apply Feather Hair Extensions:
1. Take a micro link and put it through the hair hook. Choose where you want your feathers to be and grab a few pieces of hair. Loop the hair hook into the pieces you chose.
2. Slide the micro link upward toward the hair hook near the roots of the hair. Slide the tip of the feathers through the micro link and strands of hair.
3. Make sure to hold your feathers, micro link, and hair in place. Then take the pliers and clamp down on the micro link.
4. Trim feathers to desired length.
5. When you want to take out your feathers, find the micro link and clamp it in the opposite direction with the pliers. This will open the micro link so you can take it out of your hair, along with the feathers.
How do you feel about feather extensions? Are they an every day look?