Ever since she came on the American scene, I’ve had a girl crush on Shakira. How could anyone deny the beauty in those hips (that don’t lie), that cascading mane and that captivating stare?
Earlier this week, Shakira gave fans another chance to admire her generous genes, with a dazzling appearance and performance at the Latin Grammy Awards. So how can we mortals achieve her goddess-like looks? Well, first, we can anti up plenty of dough for this beautiful gown by PAVONI that Shakira wore during her performance.
But if that’s too out-of-reach both financially and situation-ally (I can’t imagine one occasion I could wear a gown like that), then maybe mimicking her hair style is a better bet.
Shakira sported three different ‘dos during the evening, all created by Wella Professionals Celebrity Stylist Andy LeCompte. The pièce de résistance was a messy up-do she wore during her arrival on the red carpet.
Lucky for us, the man who created the look shares how we can recreate it ourselves!
1. Wash hair with Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner for volume and shine
2. Prep wet hair with Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier Style Primer, then blow-dry the hair with a large round brush
3. Spray hair with Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Spray to create matte texture to create the loose – slightly undone look
4. Pull back the rest of the hair in a loose, natural piece-y chignon and pin it with a mixture of bobby pins and long T pins
5. Pull down a few loose pieces and use a curling iron to give them a slight curl
6. Finish the look with Wella Professionals Dynamic Fix 45 Second Crafting Spray to set
Photos provided by PAVONI and Wella; Kevin Winter/Getty Images