Kristin recently joined IFB – Independent Fashion Bloggers – a great community for fashion bloggers. Over the past few weeks, she’s met many wonderful ladies, one of them being Meg of Wonderful You. Read on to learn all about the lovely Meg!
- What three things can make you smile no matter your mood? 1) As cheesy as it sounds, the boy; trust me, there is never a dull moment. 2) Peanut butter & chocolate spread on toast (don’t knock it till you’ve tried it) – combined with my best friend & 3) Mean Girls. I know, right?
- What is your favorite part of blogging? I have two favourite things. Is that allowed? Firstly, I just love to write. Whether it’s raving about a new beauty product I’ve discovered, pining over an expensive dress or just babbling about my rather bog-standard going on’s, I just really love it. Secondly, is receiving comments on my posts. It’s like having my first boy crush…I get all excited & a funny feeling in my tummy each time someone says something a bit lovely! Sad? Perhaps, but it’s the little things, eh?
- Do you have a current favorite/go-to fashion item? I absolutely <3 maxi dresses. Whenever I’m feeling like I just cannot be bothered, I can whack one of those babies on & feel a wee bit glamorous without making too much effort. And vice versa; if I want to dress up to the nines, a maxi can make for a perfect evening dress.
- And beauty – do you have a current favorite/go-to beauty item? Hmm…I have so many at the moment. Though, I did recently pop my NARS cherry, and my oh my, it felt good! I purchased one of their blushes in desire & it applies like a dream. It’s the only blush I’ve used that stays put, like, forever. I love love love it. & even though it’s expensive (£21 a pop, ouchy), I’ll definitely be buying it again.
- What bit of fashion/beauty advice would you give to anyone? Beauty: Moisturise! Just do it, it’s so important to look after your skin & it makes such a difference to your appearance. Fashion: I don’t profess to be some sort of fashion guru, but as you’re asking…Wear what you feel comfortable in, & you’ll instantly ooze confidence. There’s nothing worse than wearing something so hideously uncomfortable, just because you think it’s “cool”. More than likely, you won’t look cool; because you’ll be squirming about pulling your skirt down or adjusting your boobs in a tight teeny top. I never pick out an item of clothing because it’s “in” at the moment, I just buy what I think looks pretty, & try to pair it with something equally pretty. Does it work? Hmm…I don’t know; I’d like to think so
- What made you want to start blogging? I was actually quite ignorant to the whole blogging thing before I started; I didn’t even know it existed. That’s a ridiculous statement isn’t it, but it’s true. Truth is, I was searching Google for a certain hairstyle & I clicked on one of the images which led me to Zoella. I was hooked, & found myself replacing my books with blogs. I’d like to say I’m quite a creative person, & whilst I’ve explored other avenues, I always felt like there was something missing. Blogging has filled that hole. I was massively nervous, over analyzing, as per usual; thinking, what’s the point? Who will actually read my rabble? But after 6 months of agonising, ridiculous isn’t it, I decided to bite the bullet and write my first post. I’m so glad I started, & cannot believe that even one person reads it! It’s such a wonderful feeling. I don’t think I’ll ever stop.
- Which beauty product would you never re-purchase again and why? Waitrose baby bottom butter. I’m such a sheep with beauty products, & I don’t know if you’ll remember, but there were a million & one reviews going around about this bottom butter. Apparently it works wonders for your face. Erm, no, no it doesn’t. Not for me anyway, it was super greasy & I came out in about a bu-zillion spots.
- Name one beauty product you can’t leave the house without?Touché Éclat. It is my absolute god send for my gross under eye circles. It’s pricey, but works wonders for me thank you Yves Saint Laurent!
- Do you have any other hobbies aside from blogging? No firm hobbies as such. I’m not a sport enthusiast (you will struggle to get me to exercise, even though I know I should). But I do like to sew I’m not very good & I’ve only just started, but I think I have found my calling; it makes me very happy indeed. I joined a class called ‘stitch & bitch’, to be honest, I went purely for the name, it’s brilliant isn’t it? Which was fantastic, a real great group of ladies. That got me back in to the swing of things, as I hadn’t touched a sewing machine since GCSE’s. I’ve made a few bits & bobs through practicing, who knows where it will lead!
- What would be your dream job? I don’t think I’ve ever had a ‘dream’ job. There are lots of things in the world that would make me very happy. Though, anything that involves writing, beauty or fashion would be just lovely.
There you have it! Thanks for the post, Megs.
Photos: Wonderful You