Elle Magazine, fabulous as always, shared 25 of their favorite essentials that you can take from the beach right to happy hour. As I’m still acclimating to the hot, humid temperatures of Boston (can you tell I’m missing Brasil’s winter season?), I’m seeing how important it is to be comfortable while you’re out enjoying food and a few drinks with friends.
While away, it was chilly enough to have to wear a sweater at night, but here, it’s still in the high 80’s with humidity at an all time high. So, if you’re planning on spending a day at the beach and then heading right into your evening plans, check out some of my favorite essential transition pieces.
I narrowed down Elle’s beach day collection to a few of my favorites. Check them out below!
- The Dress: A maxi is the perfect dress for a beach day turned night out. It’s classy, fashionable, and totally comfortable. A+ if you find one with an embellished collar like this beauty!
- The Shoe: Wedges are a lifesaver. For real. They’re comfortable and totally perfect for your beach to bar transition.
- The Bag: During the summer, the heat really makes me want to feel as free as possible. I’m not sure if I explained that correctly, but essentially what I’m saying is I hate to have to carry a bag in summer. So, I always go for a cute shoulder bag. Plus, how can you resist this cobalt blue?
- The Accessory: If you are lucky enough to pick up an embellished maxi, go with a classic, simple piece of jewelry. This delicate necklace from Shopbop is the perfect example.
- The Beauty Essential: Nars, by no surprise, has “The Multiple Stick,” which lets you highlight your sun glow on your cheeks, lips, collarbones, etc. I haven’t tested this one out for myself just yet, but it sounds pretty perfect to me!
There you have it, one beautiful day to night look for the beach!
What is your beach day turned happy hour essential?