It’s well known that the stars and their teams of stylists go all out for the Oscars, so I’m always in awe when I find out that a celebrity’s look was created from budget beauty products.
And the big winner in the budget beauty category from the 86th Academy Awards was Idina Menzel, who stunned fans with a glamorous makeup look created by products all found at Target for less than $25 each. Yes, you read that correctly!
Celebrity makeup artist Matin created Idina Menzel’s look exclusively using 29 by Lydia Mondavi and Pixi by Petra makeup products.
Here’s how you can recreate the look yourself!
- Prime your face using Flawless & Poreless Primer ($22.49)
- Dust on Flawless Vitamin Veil ($24)
- Apply Correction Concentrate ($12) under your eyes and on any blemishes
- Add the Succulent Lip Twin in Coral Camellia ($18) balm to the apples of your cheeks
- Line eyes thickly with the Lid Last Shadow Pen in Bronze Brilliance ($18), pushing upwards onto the lid, and then add a layer of Endless Silky Eye Pen in EmeraldGold ($12)
- Using the Mesmerizing Mineral Palette ($12), dab the matte brown shade along the lash line. Then fill out lids with the shimmery mauve and highlight the inner corners of your eyes with the shimmery gold shade and Endless Silky Eye Pen in Oyster Glow ($12)
- Fill out your brows with the tapered pencil end of the Natural Brow Duo ($16)
- Apply two to three coats of Large Lash Mascara in Bold Black ($16)
- Buff lips with 29 by Lydia Mondavi First Crush Lip Scrub ($10) and then apply both the balm and gloss from Succulent Lip Twin in Opal Orchid ($18)
Photo of Idina Menzel courtesy of Target